top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring to closing?

You will need two forms of identification, one of which must be a photo id.  The most common forms of identification are a driver's license, passport, or military ID.  The second form can be a voter registration card, concealed weapons permit, hunting or fishing license, employee or student ID card, or a utility bill.  All forms of ID must be current in order to verify your identification.  

How should I bring funds for closing?

All closing funds must be in the form of a cashier's check or a bank wire.  Your local bank can provide a cashiers check to you.  All amounts over 100,000 must be sent in the form of a bank wire.  Feel free to contact us to discuss wiring instructions or if you have any questions concerning closing funds. 

How long will closing take?

A typical closing for real estate will take an hour to an hour and a half to complete.  Refinances take a little less time and sales are relatively quick.

What is Title Insurance?

Title Insurance is a policy issued by an insurance company guaranteeing that the title to the parcel of real property is clear and properly titled in the name of the rightful owner, and that the owner has the right to deed the property to another by sale or gift. Should a problem arise with the title, the insurance company will pay for any damages to the new title holder or secured lender or take steps to rectify any issues.  

Owners Title Insurance is a one-time premium paid at closing that stays in effect for as long as you own the property. 

bottom of page